I had an amazing opportunity to do a photo shoot of Monica Parales. Check out Monica Parales’ EP titled, “In Retrospect”. She was born and raised in Long Beach, California. Monica trained in dance and music. She danced for 10 years in the Orange County Dance Community with Team Millennia and soon after she finished college she decided to pursue her music career. Her credits include music videos with Missy Elliott, Mase, Eminem, and has also starred in 2 television movies on Nickelodeon called, “The School Gyrls” in 2010.
What do you expect to hear from the EP?
- 90s Pop/R&B vibe. This project was a test of my musical capabilities when it came to writing and producing. I am proud of it because all the songs were self-written. It was challenging, but it’s something I never thought I would do before.
More about the project?
- It is currently available for free on SoundCloud. I wanted to use this project as a stepping stone/platform to reach out to fans and use it to do other things like performances or open mic nights. My personal goal for this was to do something that was solely mine. I want to communicate to others my personal experiences and for people to sit down and just listen. I hope people enjoy and take it for what it is because in a fast paced world we all just need to slow down.
- Right now I’m just letting it all sink in. I definitely want to become an independent artist on iTunes & Spotify, but for now I’m just looking into doing live shows because I love performing. I think it would be so cool to see the differences between dancing and just singing on a stage.
What she wore:
- F21 Floral Maxi Slit Dress
- Joie Lace-Up Heels
- H&M Cardigan
- Ig: @monicaparales @monicaparalesmusic
- Twitter: @_monicparales
Download link to EP: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxi-90OyCu3_Z2h3ZHlCSEFBd1U/view?usp=sharing